Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta said Friday he is confident that coach Pep Guardiola will prolong his contract with the Spanish and European champions beyond the end of the current season. Guardiola prefers to renew his deal with the club on an annual basis and as the season has progressed without him commiting his future to the Catalan side, speculation has mounted that he may leave in June. “The conditions are favourable for Pep to renew,” Zubizarreta said during an interview with Catalan radio station RAC1, adding he had no list of possible candidates should Guardiola decide to leave. Guardiola waited until February 8 last year before inking a new one-year deal. The 41-year-old has been coach of Barcelona since 2008, during which time he has led the Catalan club to 13 major honours, including three La Liga titles and two Champions League crowns.
Popular Posts
-
Ryan Lochte of the United States wins gold. Ryan Lochte of the United States reacts after winning the Final of the Men's 400m Indivi...
-
Pakistan scored a competitive 262-8 off 50 overs against Bangladesh in the opening match of the Asia Cup one-day tournament at the Sher...
-
I t’s a long way from the glamour of the Champions League and the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Chelsea but the first professional ...
-
Jacque Kallis celebrated his 150th test match with one of the most complete all-round performances of his long career as he inspired So...
-
Manchester United and Wayne Rooney have issued a combined statement denying the England striker is about to leave. Stories have eme...
-
Liverpool Manager Brendan Rodgers Insists That Andy Carroll Must perform At His Best if he wants To Establish Himself Other-wise He Coul...
-
S Africa vs Sri Lanka Heavy rain had delayed the match by two and a half hours before South Africa, sent in to bat, made 78-4 with...
-
R eal Sociedad hit back from two goals down to end Barcelona's unbeaten Primera Division record in stunning fashion at the Anoeta t...
-
World No.4 Andy Murray laid down a marker for the Australian Open with a 65-minute demolition of Alexandr Dolgopolov in the final of t...
-
Playing the third ODI in Dubai, Pakistani top order succumbed one after the other to the English bowling attack. However, Shahid Afridi...

0 comments:
Post a Comment