John Terry Has Been Banned 3 European Matches With Chelsea Following The Controversial Red Card against Barcelona In Semis 2nd Leg ( UEFA Champions League ).The England international will miss the Blues' next two European outings, which will be their European Super Cup tie against Atletico Madrid as well as their first group game in European club football’s elite competition.Chelsea have three days in which to lodge an appeal, although that appears unlikely given Terry’s frank apology for the incident after the game."I feel I've let them (team-mates) down, I've apologised and I apologise to the fans," he said after Chelsea had secured their place in the final.He added: "It does look bad on the replay. I raised my knee but hopefully the people out there who know me, know I'm not that kind of player."At the time I was bewildered, but looking at the replay it looks a red card. On a personal note, of course (it hurts I miss the final). But we deserve to be in the Champions League final."I really hope that doesn't take away from this win."Despite Terry’s absence Chelsea secured one of the finest results in their history on their way to claiming their first ever Champions League trophy.A goal down when Terry was handed his marching orders, the Blues fought back to claim a 2-2 draw despite conceding a spot-kick which Lionel Messi missed while the west London side were 2-1 down on the night.Chelsea went on to beat Bayern Munich in the final to secure the trophy and their pace in next year’s competition, knocking Tottenham down into the Europa League in the process.
Popular Posts
-
Ryan Lochte of the United States wins gold. Ryan Lochte of the United States reacts after winning the Final of the Men's 400m Indivi...
-
Roger Federer World no.3 Has Entered Gary Webber Open ( Halle ) Final By Beating Mikhail Youzhny 6-1,6-4. The Swiss second seed showed ...
-
Didier Drogba The Striker Of Chelsea Is Set to leave Chelsea After Long Spell Of 8 Years.The 34-year-old, who scored a late equaliser a...
-
Indian captain M.S. Dhoni again proved the man for the occasion as he lifted his side to an extraordinary win over Australia by four wi...
-
Chelsea defeats Benfica In Their Own home ground at 1-0 Following Kalou's 75th minute goal helped Chelsea win an excellent Match,...
-
T he New Season Of Barclays Premier league 2012-2013 Day 1 Rounds Up: W BA 3-0 L iverpool West bromwich Albion Kicked Off their S...
-
India have finally registered their maiden win on the tour of Australia.India have beaten Australia in the T20 match in Melbourne to level ...
-
Manchester United's reward for beating Manchester City in the FA Cup was a Fourth Round trip to Anfield to take on Liverpool. T...
-
The Blues, who won the title under Carlo Ancelotti two seasons ago, and finished runners-up last term, slipped down to fifth in the Pr...
-
BHS Swimming & Diving earned their first win of the year with an exciting comeback 96-90 win over Platt/Maloney. A long bus ride to...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment