Tottenham Hotspurs Defender Ledley King Has Announced His Retirement From His Country but will Play his Role In BPL For Spurs.The former England international, 31, has struggled with injuries for a number of years and has been unable to train on a daily basis."Sadly my injuries and inability to train have finally brought an end to my career," King told Tottenham's website. "I'm pleased that I can continue to work within the club."Spurs have announced that a testimonial will take place at the end of the 2012-13 season for King, who spent his entire playing career with the London club after joining as a trainee.After his debut in 1999, King went on to make 264 league appearances, winning the Carling Cup in 2008, and was club captain.The centre-back also represented England 21 times and was in the 2010 World Cup squad.His last appearance for his country came against the United States in South Africa two years ago."I have been here since I was a boy," added King, whose career was blighted by knee problems. "It is like a second home to me."I have always considered it my club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team."I would like to say thank you to everyone at the club and to the fans."I have missed a lot of football over the years, but the Spurs fans have always been patient and incredibly supportive with me during difficult periods."On his new ambassadorial role, King said: "I am pleased that I can continue to work within the club and for the local community, especially after the devastation caused by the riots last year."I am already heavily involved with the work of Spurs Foundation and the new stadium scheme will be a major factor in the regeneration of the area, so I am delighted that I shall be part of that."Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy described King as "one of the most gifted players in the history of the club"."It has been well documented how he has battled against injury over the years," said Levy."It is testament to the character of the man how he managed to sustain such high standards of performance on the pitch, while providing such fine leadership."King's final Premier League appearance for Tottenham was a 1-0 defeat at QPR on 21 April.
Popular Posts
-
Roger Federer beat Mikhail Youzhny 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 Federer earned a record 32nd Grand Slam semifinal berth and moved closer to a record-...
-
At least forty athletes took part in a marathon event at the North Pole. Forty athletes gathered at the North Pole on Friday to run a...
-
Kolkata Knight Riders Celebrating. Kolkata Knight Riders thrashed the defending champions to grab their maiden IPL title in a nail b...
-
E den Hazard Has Said That I am A Team Man,made a big impact in his first three Premier League games with the Blues after arriving from ...
-
A Friendly Match, Chelsea Vs Seattle Sounders Ended Up A High Note For Roberto Di Matteo's Team As Chelsea Beated Them By 4-2.New S...
-
Manchester City tightened its grip on top spot in the Premier League on Saturday by registering a 13th straight home victory, easing pa...
-
Saturday's Results of BPL QPR 1- 0 Tottenham Hotspur Taarabt's Strike Sended Tottenham Losing from an Lo...
-
Jesse Ryder Has got a chance in IPL 5 As his team is Pune warriors.The left-hander, who had taken an indefinite break from cricket to r...
-
Following England vs Srilanka Match , which is the upcoming match for England Jamie Anderson says the batsmen have “a point to prov...
-
Adriano celebrates while scoring a Screamer Cristiano was the Hero after scoring 2 B arcelona Beat Valencia 1-0, While R eal Madri...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment