QPR have announced the signing of former Chelsea full-back Jose Bosingwa on a three-year deal as the Loftus Road club continue to strengthen ahead of the new season.Bosingwa, 29, was released from his Chelsea contract at the end of last season and joins a raft of new faces through the doors at Loftus Road this summer.A twice Champions League winner, the former Porto defender will provide Mark Hughes with further full-back options as the R's look towards the top-half of the Premier League this campaign.Following the announcement, Hughes could not hide his pleasure at the signing, telling the club's official website: "I am delighted to bring a player of his undoubted quality to the club. He has got plenty of pace, great technical ability and all the attributes you need to be a top player."Jose has a lot of versatility which is something I like my players to have. He can operate right across the back and can also play the holding role in midfield."He's another Champions League winner, the third in the squad now with Ji-Sung Park and Djibril Cisse, and will add invaluable experience to the group. His experience is really important to us. He understands the Premier League and he understands what it takes to win games. He has got a winning mentality and that is what I want to have around the place."Bosingwa, who has won league titles in both Portugal and England to add to his continental titles, is not eligible to make his debut against Swansea on Saturday, but is looking forward to helping the club progress in their long-term vision.He added: "I'm really pleased to be here. I had the pick of many clubs, but the project here excites me greatly. I spoke yesterday with the manager and owner and they showed me what they want for the future of the club."I played for Chelsea for four years and I love Premier League football and the supporters. It is fantastic for me to stay in England. I'm happy and all of my family are happy, and that is most important. This is maybe the most important challenge of my career. I want to help my team-mates and the team with my experience."Now I am a QPR player, I will give my best for the team and for the supporters. All together, we will fight for the club. We need time. We start now and in one, two or three years we can win something. We have to have passion and I think the results will come."The Portugal full-back will wear the No. 19 shirt for QPR this season and becomes the squad's third Champions League winner, joining Djibril Cisse and Park Ji-Sung at Loftus Road.
Popular Posts
-
Kolkata Knight Riders Celebrating. Kolkata Knight Riders thrashed the defending champions to grab their maiden IPL title in a nail b...
-
A placid track on the fifth day provided Sri Lanka an ideal chance of pushing for victory by chasing down 270 in the allotted 71 overs,...
-
E den Hazard Has Said That I am A Team Man,made a big impact in his first three Premier League games with the Blues after arriving from ...
-
A Friendly Match, Chelsea Vs Seattle Sounders Ended Up A High Note For Roberto Di Matteo's Team As Chelsea Beated Them By 4-2.New S...
-
Man Utd striker Wayne Rooney (far right) heads them in front at Tottenham on Sunday Manager admits champions were fortunate after 3-...
-
B arcelona ended the match with 4-1 Win against Getafe C.F.Messi who only spend 30 minutes as he was benched at the start but came on ...
-
Jesse Ryder Has got a chance in IPL 5 As his team is Pune warriors.The left-hander, who had taken an indefinite break from cricket to r...
-
Spain's Fernando Torres scored twice against the Republic of Ireland and said he is enjoying the tournament so far. The Spaniard ...
-
Andriy Shevchenko scored two second-half goals to spark Ukraine's comeback win over Sweden. Ukraine Andriy Shevchenko made his coa...
-
At least forty athletes took part in a marathon event at the North Pole. Forty athletes gathered at the North Pole on Friday to run a...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment