The Injury Of Rafael Nadal Sets him Out Of Toronto Open. Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week's Toronto Masters Series hardcourt tournament, the Spanish world number three confirmed on Thursday.The 26-year-old's announcement follows his decision not to defend his title at the London Olympics, and throws into doubt his participation in the US Open which gets underway in Flushing Meadow on August 27."Hi all, wanted to let you know that I won't be playing Toronto this year," Nadal wrote on his Twitter account."I am not ready to play and I hope to be back in 2014 at that great tournament that has always treat me very well. I am continuing with my recup and practice. Thanks!"Nadal pulled out of the Games after claiming he was "not in condition" to compete following a recurrence of the knee problems which have troubled him for several years.He had struggled with the injury throughout his French Open title-winning campaign and looked well short of his best in a stunning Wimbledon second round defeat against unheralded Czech Lukas Rosol.Nadal added in a statement: "Coming to Toronto is always one of the highlights of my season so I'm very disappointed that I can't play there this year."I was planning on coming to Toronto and did everything I could to be ready but I still need some more time to recover."It will be the first time since his debut appearance in 2004 that Nadal will miss the Canadian Masters event which he won in 2005 and 2008.Additional main draw withdrawals include Spaniards David Ferrer and Fernando Verdasco and France's Gael Monfils.
Popular Posts
-
Kolkata Knight Riders Celebrating. Kolkata Knight Riders thrashed the defending champions to grab their maiden IPL title in a nail b...
-
At least forty athletes took part in a marathon event at the North Pole. Forty athletes gathered at the North Pole on Friday to run a...
-
E den Hazard Has Said That I am A Team Man,made a big impact in his first three Premier League games with the Blues after arriving from ...
-
A Friendly Match, Chelsea Vs Seattle Sounders Ended Up A High Note For Roberto Di Matteo's Team As Chelsea Beated Them By 4-2.New S...
-
Petr Jiracek scores for Czech Republic to put the hosts out of Euro 2012 Czech Republic beat Poland 1-0 and are out of Euro 2012. P...
-
Saturday's Results of BPL QPR 1- 0 Tottenham Hotspur Taarabt's Strike Sended Tottenham Losing from an Lo...
-
All the second Half goals Helped Real Madrid take Over Apoel Nicosia by 3-0 . Benzema and Kaka's 2 goals Helped of at least half pe...
-
B arcelona ended the match with 4-1 Win against Getafe C.F.Messi who only spend 30 minutes as he was benched at the start but came on ...
-
Jesse Ryder Has got a chance in IPL 5 As his team is Pune warriors.The left-hander, who had taken an indefinite break from cricket to r...
-
Adriano celebrates while scoring a Screamer Cristiano was the Hero after scoring 2 B arcelona Beat Valencia 1-0, While R eal Madri...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment