Michael Essien says he is thrilled to reunite with Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid and has not ruled out a permanent move to the Spanish capital.Essien sealed a season-long loan deal with the reigning La Liga champions on deadline day following a call from Mourinho. The midfielder, who was brought to Chelsea by Mourinho in 2005, did not hesitate to take up the offer."Everything happened so fast," Essien said. "I was in the hotel when Mourinho called and said that he was ready to take me. Mourinho's call was more than enough to convince me to come here. I just wanted to play football. He call me and I said yes."I see him as a father because he was the one who took me to Chelsea. I know him very well and I love him too - we have a very good relationship, we understand each other."After reflecting on his transfer to the Santiago Bernabeu, Essien believes he will fit in with Real Madrid's squad and has not ruled out a long-term move."Real Madrid have very good players, but I'm ready to play in any position Mourinho asks me to. I'd be delighted to win titles this way."I have had some fitness problems in the past, but I'm strong. If I am not ready for Real Madrid then I would not have signed. I will work hard and at the end of the season we will see what happens [with Chelsea].Essien, 29, may feature for Real Madrid this weekend after being named in the squad to face Granada.
Popular Posts
-
Roger Federer beat Mikhail Youzhny 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 Federer earned a record 32nd Grand Slam semifinal berth and moved closer to a record-...
-
Kolkata Knight Riders Celebrating. Kolkata Knight Riders thrashed the defending champions to grab their maiden IPL title in a nail b...
-
Manchester City tightened its grip on top spot in the Premier League on Saturday by registering a 13th straight home victory, easing pa...
-
E den Hazard Has Said That I am A Team Man,made a big impact in his first three Premier League games with the Blues after arriving from ...
-
At least forty athletes took part in a marathon event at the North Pole. Forty athletes gathered at the North Pole on Friday to run a...
-
Saturday's Results of BPL QPR 1- 0 Tottenham Hotspur Taarabt's Strike Sended Tottenham Losing from an Lo...
-
Jesse Ryder Has got a chance in IPL 5 As his team is Pune warriors.The left-hander, who had taken an indefinite break from cricket to r...
-
A Friendly Match, Chelsea Vs Seattle Sounders Ended Up A High Note For Roberto Di Matteo's Team As Chelsea Beated Them By 4-2.New S...
-
Spain's Fernando Torres scored twice against the Republic of Ireland and said he is enjoying the tournament so far. The Spaniard ...
-
Petr Jiracek scores for Czech Republic to put the hosts out of Euro 2012 Czech Republic beat Poland 1-0 and are out of Euro 2012. P...

0 comments:
Post a Comment