World number two Djokovic dug deep in the first set after an early trade of breaks to win a close tie-breaker and then broke the third-seeded Tsonga twice in the second set. After receiving his trophy, Djokovic delighted the crowd by joining the ball girls and boys in doing the "horse dance" made popular by Billboard chart-topping South Korean rapper Psy in his "Gangnam Style" hit. Sunday s victory gave Djokovic, who also won the China Open in 2009 and 2010, his fourth title of the year. "I think the first set was really even and maybe a couple of points decided the winner there," Djokovic told reporters. "We both had our chances aside from those breaks that we converted. I managed to hold my nerve in the end. "I made that early break in the second (and) I felt much more comfortable on the court." The Australian Open champion will remain in the hunt to take back the world number one ranking from Roger Federer at the end of the year. "That s the target," Djokovic said. "This will definitely help me in that race but it s still quite open. There are still tournaments to come, big ones." Tsonga said he needed to raise his game to beat top players such as Djokovic after his sixth straight loss to the Serbian. "I think it was a good match," Tsonga said. "I missed maybe something in the middle of the first set. I was a break up and I was playing well but then he played solid. It was really difficult to control him. "I just tried to play my game, to be aggressive, but against a player like this, for the moment, my level is not high enough and it s not enough to beat him." Earlier, Mike Bryan overtook Australian Todd Woodbridge s mark of 83 career doubles titles when he, along with brother Bob, beat Carlos Berlocq and Denis Istomin 6-3 6-2 for their third China Open title in four years. It was the seventh title of the year for the American pair.
Popular Posts
-
India Win Their 4Th ODI Against Sri-Lanka Which Means They take series by 3-1, with one game remaining.Virat Kohli was once again the ...
-
S hane Watson's allround brilliance powered Australia to an easy seven-wicket victory over Ireland in their opening Group B ma...
-
Pakistan’s jailed pace bowler Mohammad Asif has lodged an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) against a ban imposed...
-
Croatia Secured A great Victory Over The Irish-Mens , After 24 years of waiting, it wasn’t supposed to be like this for the Republic of...
-
A placid track on the fifth day provided Sri Lanka an ideal chance of pushing for victory by chasing down 270 in the allotted 71 overs,...
-
E den Hazard Has Said That I am A Team Man,made a big impact in his first three Premier League games with the Blues after arriving from ...
-
Manchester City lost its top spot in the Premier League to rival Manchester United after a shock 1-0 defeat at Swansea on Sunday. Luke ...
-
Weather permitting, it`s the clash of the big two tomorrow afternoon when, live on Sky Sports, Chelsea entertain Manchester United. Norma...
-
Here are some of the Kits which Has Been Arrived : Manchester United New Home Kit For season 2012-2013. Wig...
-
R afael Benitez is weighing up whether to risk John Terry from the start against Arsenal tomorrow as he battles to improve Chelsea’...
0 comments:
Post a Comment