Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Macheda excited by QPR challenge


Italian striker Federico Macheda is looking forward to playing regular football after sealing a loan switch to QPR.

Italian striker vows to fight for place after loan switch from Man Utd

The 20-year-old Manchester United forward has signed for QPR until the end of the season.
He has been limited to three appearances off the bench in the Barclays Premier League this season for the reigning champions and is hoping the move south can help his game.
"There is a lot of competition at Manchester United," he said. "There are some very good strikers there but I am still young and I need to get more experience in the Premier League.
"I am here to train hard first and then I hope to play a big part in the games. I want to play more but I know this won't be easy. But I will work very hard for this."
Macheda revealed he spoke with United team-mate Rio Ferdinand - brother of QPR's Anton - who helped convince him to make the move.
"I was attracted by the challenge and by the players that QPR brought in during the summer," added Macheda, who made his debut off the bench for QPR against Norwich on Tuesday.


"There are some very big players at the club now and I am really looking forward to training and playing with them.

"Rio told me that QPR is a very good club and that if I did come here it would be good for me and would help me to develop as a player."

0 comments:

Post a Comment