Popular Posts

Sunday 1 January 2012

WAHAB RIAZ CHARGED UP FOR ENGLAND CHALLENGE


The Pakistani fast bowler, Wahab Riaz, has been re-called in to the Pakistan Test squad to face England in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The first Test match of the series starts in Dubai on January 17th, 2012. The fast bowler is geared up for the ensuing series.He last played a Test match for Pakistan in May 2011 against the West Indies, and since then he has remained out of favour, and did not feature in the Test series against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. There was nothing wrong with his form and fitness, but the selectors still ignored him, insisting that Wahab had been given rest.On the contrary, sources within the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) confirmed that Wahab had been sidelined due to his suspect involvement in the spot fixing scandal.Following the clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC), the left-arm pacer has been included in the national squad for the high profile series against the Poms.Wahab spoke about his time out of the national team, referring to it as a testing time."It was a testing time for me while I was out of the Pakistan team. But I am just relieved now that I am back in the Pakistan squad and I am rearing to play against England," he said.Wahab refrained from giving any clear answers on his exclusion, saying that he was clueless."It was a nagging situation for me when I was out and it's obviously difficult when you are not part of the national team despite having all the ability to represent it.  But what I know now is that I am ready for yet another stint as I have been playing a lot of domestic cricket and the stint with English county, Kent this year has also helped me become an improved bowler,'' added the 26-year-old quick who has played in seven Tests so far.The Lahore-born pacer stepped into stardom following his magnificent five-wicket haul in the World Cup semi-final against India. With the presence of another left-arm quick Junaid Khan, there is competition for places in the team, but the paceman is determined to make up for lost time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment