Popular Posts

Friday 17 February 2012

Sagan wins Tour of Oman second stage


Slovakian Peter Sagan of the Liquigas team won Wednesday s second stage of the Tour of Oman, beating home Australian Baden Cooke and Dutchman Tom Jelte Slagter in a final sprint. Sagan took the race leader s red jersey from overnight lead rider Andre Greipel, the German finishing 10th on the 140km stage from Sur to Wadi Dayqah Dam and now stands 4sec down on the Slovakian in the overall standings. "Oman is my second race of the season after the Tour of Qatar," said the 22-year-old Sagan. "I was already on good form in Qatar but up against pure sprinters there, none of the finishes really suited me." The stage finish here on Wednesday was slightly uphill, Sagan saying: "I knew that this second stage would be the first chance I d have to impose myself. "I m very, very happy. I hope to carry on improving my form in the lead up to the Milan-San Remo, my first big goal."

0 comments:

Post a Comment