Popular Posts

Thursday 29 March 2012

Andy Murray To meet Rafa after winning The quarter

A close Encounter between Murray And Tipsarevic Came to Conclusion As Murray defeated Tipsarevic By 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 ."Today's match was really important for me to get through after how it was going, [fighting] back after being a break down a few times in the second set," Murray said. "And then also, at the end of the third set when I was up a break, he had  break point in a tight game, and I came up with some big serves and served my way out of trouble, which is important."
After falling behind 2-4, Tipsarevic reeled off six straight games to take a set and a break lead against the 2009 Miami champion. But Murray battled back to win the second set, and converted the lone service break in the final set to prevail over the Serbian in two hours and 39 minutes. With the win, the Scot improved to 5-3 versus Tipsarevic.
"[They were] tough, tough conditions. But I thought I struck the ball pretty well from the back of the court," said Murray. "I was hitting it pretty clean but needed to make better shot selection.  Because of the wind, I was maybe trying to hit it too close to the line and not building the points as much I needed to. So when I did that, I did a bit better."
Murray is bidding to win his second title of the year, having triumphed in Brisbane (d. Dolgopolov) to begin his season. He also finished runner-up to Roger Federer in Dubai and was edged out by eventual Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic in a five-set thriller at Melbourne Park.



0 comments:

Post a Comment