Popular Posts

Monday 5 March 2012

Arteta grateful for Liverpool support

Mikel Arteta joined Arsenal from Everton on transfer deadline day last summer
Arsenal midfielder thanks Reds after being stretchered off at Anfield on Saturday


Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has written an open letter of thanks to everyone at Liverpool Football Club after he was stretchered off injured during Saturday's Barclays Premier League match at Anfield.
The 29-year-old required lengthy treatment for a neck injury after colliding with Jordan Henderson at the start of the second half and received a warm reception as he left the field.
Arteta, who used to play for Liverpool's rivals Everton, was taken to hospital for tests before being released later in the day and was able to travel home with his Arsenal team-mates.


"I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their help and friendship towards me on Saturday," read Arteta’s letter.
"I've since looked back at the TV images of when I was being taken off and just want to show my appreciation to the Liverpool fans at Anfield. It is touching to receive that response from the fans of a great club when I am leaving the pitch injured. Thank you.
"I also want to thank Pepe Reina and the Liverpool players who have sent me messages of support and friendship, this again is really touching and just shows class from a great football club."
Arteta also thanked the Arsenal fans for their support since the injury, while adding that he hopes to be back playing again 'very soon'.
"Very importantly, a message to all the fantastic Arsenal fans, not only all those at Anfield on Saturday who were brilliant, but also those who have sent me many messages since Saturday," added Arteta.
"It is hugely appreciated. I cannot tell you how much this means to me.
"It must have looked very serious to everyone as I left the pitch on a stretcher, but I'm pleased to say that I'm fine now and hope to be back on the pitch very soon."
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has ruled Arteta out for a week to allow the player to recover from concussion, meaning the Spaniard will miss Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League tie with AC Milan at the Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal's next Barclays Premier League fixture is against Newcastle on 12th March.

0 comments:

Post a Comment