Popular Posts

Friday 30 March 2012

What A Pleasant Gift for Monaco Against The Fish

Monaco Defeated Mardy Fish Who is In top 10 rank And even though it was his Birthday And what a surprise  was it for him.Juan Monaco celebrated his 28th birthday in style Thursday, cruising into the Sony Ericsson Open semi-finals with a 6-1, 6-3 victory over No. 8 seed Mardy Fish.
The 21st seed dropped serve just once, and capitalized on five of his nine break point opportunities to dispatch the 2011 Miami semi-finalist in 83 minutes, moving ahead 3-2 in their FedEx ATP Head 2 Head series.
"It was unbelievable," said Monaco. "I think the way to celebrate my birthday, playing like this like I did today, [I] feel proud and very happy [to] be here on my birthday."
Monaco is through to his second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 semi-final, having advanced to the final four at the Shanghai Rolex Masters in 2010 (l. to Murray).
The loss marked Fish’s first defeat in seven Masters 1000 quarter-final appearances.
"He did a lot of things well today," said Fish. "I think more than anything else, he shrunk the court extremely well with his movement, and that's why I think you saw a ton of errors from me."
The Argentine will look to reach the title match at Crandon Park when he plays defending champion Novak Djokovic or fifth-seeded David Ferrer on Friday.
"I'm feeling great, playing well," Monaco said. "They're both such good players. I have to see the match, [as] I'm a friend of these two guys."

0 comments:

Post a Comment