Popular Posts

Saturday 2 June 2012

John Terry To Miss 3 European Matches With Chelsea

John Terry Has Been Banned 3 European Matches With Chelsea Following The Controversial Red Card against Barcelona In Semis 2nd Leg ( UEFA Champions League ).The England international will miss the Blues' next two European outings, which will be their European Super Cup tie against Atletico Madrid as well as their first group game in European club football’s elite competition.Chelsea have three days in which to lodge an appeal, although that appears unlikely given Terry’s frank apology for the incident after the game."I feel I've let them (team-mates) down, I've apologised and I apologise to the fans," he said after Chelsea had secured their place in the final.He added: "It does look bad on the replay. I raised my knee but hopefully the people out there who know me, know I'm not that kind of player."At the time I was bewildered, but looking at the replay it looks a red card. On a personal note, of course (it hurts I miss the final). But we deserve to be in the Champions League final."I really hope that doesn't take away from this win."Despite Terry’s absence Chelsea secured one of the finest results in their history on their way to claiming their first ever Champions League trophy.A goal down when Terry was handed his marching orders, the Blues fought back to claim a 2-2 draw despite conceding a spot-kick which Lionel Messi missed while the west London side were 2-1 down on the night.Chelsea went on to beat Bayern Munich in the final to secure the trophy and their pace in next year’s competition, knocking Tottenham down into the Europa League in the process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment