Popular Posts

Friday 20 July 2012

Leo Messi Still Disappointed Being Defeated By Chelsea In Semis.

Lionel Messi Claims He Still Hasn't Forgot The UEFA Champions League Semi-Final When They (Barcelona) were Defeated By Chelsea Aggregate Of 3-2.After a hard fought goalless draw at the Stamford Bridge, 10-man Chelsea edged out reigning UEFA Champions League winners Barcelona on away goals. Lionel Messi failed to convert from the spot, something the Argentine still rues.Messi finished the 2011/12 season with 72 goals but missed out on top prizes with Chelsea winning the Champions League and Real Madrid claiming La Liga title with a 9-point advantage.The pint sized attacker shared that he wants to win every tournament he participates in with Barcelona, a goal he set for himself and his teammates at the Camp Nou.The reigning Ballon d’Or winner acknowledged that it will be difficult to realize the lofty ambitions of La Blaugrana, but they have the quality in the team to get the job done."I hope we can win everything again. That is our goal," he said at a press conference."We know it will be very hard, but we have not yet got over the semi-final defeat against Chelsea in the Champions League and the penalty I missed, and also the defeat against Madrid at Camp Nou."Earlier in the week, reports surfaced in Spanish media that suggested that Messi has yet to reach his peak and will give improved performances in the coming season.The Argentine captain shares the same feelings and stated that he is looking forward to play ever match for Barcelona and hopes that he will have an injury-free season.However, Messi explained that improvement does not mean that he will emulate his feats of the recent season, but in terms of becoming a better player and giving more to the team’s cause."I hope to improve every year. I hope I will be injury-free this season and that I will be available to play every match.”"I try to surpass myself not in terms of goals, but in terms of my growth as a player and in what I can give to the team.”"I hope that there is still margin for me to continue to grow. My goals are in terms of collective titles."

0 comments:

Post a Comment