Popular Posts

Friday 18 January 2013

Luis Suarez Admits he dived against Stoke City

Luis Suarez Accepted that he dived against Stoke and BRENDAN RODGERS slammed Luis Suarez after his amazing cheat confession and told him: “It is unacceptable.”The Liverpool boss was shocked that Suarez dived to try to win a penalty against Stoke and stunned the Uruguayan was stupid enough to admit it on TV.Rodgers rapped: “Most players wait until the end of their career when they write books and put those sort of things in.“He’s been honest enough to come out and say it in the middle of his, but this is something in the game we’re trying to clean up.“My feeling as manager of this club is that it’s wrong and it is something we will deal with. I have only ever called it as honestly as I’ve seen it.“I’ve defended him when I felt it was right and will continue to do so.“He and I have a strong relationship and he understands and knows that.“My feeling at the time was that it was wrong but I need to protect the group and if that’s in jeopardy I’ll speak out on it.“He is aware of my feelings and when it happened, it was something only Luis could explain.“The bottom line is that from my perspective as manager and leader of the club it was wrong to say what he said.“It was not acceptable. Diving is not something we advocate here. Our ethics are correct and no one is bigger than the club.”in terms of penalties, we’ve only had one. It might affect people’s thinking.”Suarez infuriated the Stoke players at Anfield in October when he stumbled in the second half of the 0-0 draw and threw himself to the ground.And he told Argentinian TV: “I dived there and I’m going to be sincere with you because we were drawing against Stoke and I wanted to invent something.”Suarez escaped a booking for the dive and ironically Liverpool’s only spot-kick this term came when he was fouled in the return fixture at the Britannia Stadium last month.But Suarez will not be fined for his TV confession and the club believes its condemnation of his actions and words is punishment enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment