Popular Posts

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ezequiel Lavezzi From Napoli To PSG.

Lavezzi On Right 
Ezequiel Lavezzi Has Joined German Club PSG.Paris Saint-Germain signed Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi in a transfer from Napoli reportedly worth up to 30 million on Monday.Lavezzi, who will wear the No. 11 shirt at PSG, arrived in the French capital on Sunday night and signed a four-year contract after passing a medical the next day.''What convinced me to come here was the club's project and the space it has to grow,'' Lavezzi said. ''When you talk about clubs like PSG, there's always talk about money, but I'm interested above all in progressing on the sports side of things. I think that's the most important thing for the future.''It's a new challenge and I like challenges. I will try to do like what I did at Napoli, in my relationship with the fans too.''French media say the $38 million move had been expected for weeks, and both clubs confirmed the news with Napoli thanking ''Il Pocho'' for helping the team ''reach important goals, both in Italy and in Europe.''''I've been very calm,'' Lavezzi said. ''I have used these three weeks to distance myself from everything and take advantage of my holiday. I knew that it was something firm and that it would happen.''One of Napoli's key players, Lavezzi was a member of the Serie A side's ''Three Tenors,'' along with Edinson Cavani and Marek Hamsik.Lavezzi decided to leave Napoli after the club failed to qualify for the Champions League. He broke down in tears after helping the team win the Italian Cup in his final game and had to be comforted by his teammates.Lavezzi wrote a long letter to Napoli fans on his website.''It's been five really unique, unforgettable years,'' he wrote. ''Five years which have branded me ... for life. Goodbyes are never easy, and in my case it's even more difficult and painful.''In football, like in life, you never know what destiny has in store for you. The door for a return will always be open for me. If not as a footballer, I will return anyway to remember so many happy and joyful moments ... you, my Neapolitan friends, will always be in my heart.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment